Job Requirements and Skills for Foreman position:
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in field management in structural steel is REQUIRED.
- Coordinate all daily/weekly work for crew members.
- Ability to read and interpret blue print and shop drawings.
- Adhere to all safety and company policies.
- Ability to erect steel.
- Must be a team player
- Must have all proper OSHA certifications or willing to obtain.
- Verification of field deliveries.
- Ability to communicate with GC on a job.
Job Requirements and Skills for Project Manager position:
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in shop or field management in structural steel is REQUIRED.
- Must have a proficient understanding of current practices, methods and materials in construction.
- Knowledge in building codes and standards in structural steel.
- Ability to constructively participate in negotiations and disputes resolution.
- Ability to communicate with clients to discuss job needs and to increase customer satisfaction.
- Knowledge in construction accounting necessary to facilitate completing project requirements.
- Ability to read and interpret blue prints and perform material take-offs, purchasing and logistics.
- Create and manage project budgets, RFI’s, change orders,submittals and correspondence.
- Ability to meet the requirements of productivity, quality, customer service and safety.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows/Excel/Word and Power Point.
- Must be dependable and present a professional image.
- Ability to carry out assignments independently.
Job Requirements and Skills for Estimator position:
- Strong “practical” experience in all aspects of steel in the commercial construction industry needed for immediate hire at a growing Structural Steel & Miscellaneous Metals fabrication/ erection company.
- Responsible for managing the proposal development associated with the structural steel and miscellaneous metals trades from the bidding phase through to the inception of all projects.
- Evaluate Request for Proposal requirements and work to prepare and submit required documents.
- Leverage prior experience with structural steel and miscellaneous metals to generate and price take-off quantities, materials, construction equipment, and in-directs to support the work.
- Provide expertise and experience to problem solving, operational and marketing challenges.
- Must be familiar with take-offs and pricing work in non-union competitive bidding environments.
- At least 10 years’ practical work experience in the Structural Steel and Miscellaneous Metals construction, whether union or non-union, involving proposal development or project execution in a non-union based environment.
- Possess good communication skills.
- Computer skills, specifically the Microsoft Office, Adobe Pro/ Bluebeam and FabSuite programs.
FJM-Ferro Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. FJM-Ferro is committed to a policy of equal treatment and opportunity in every aspect of its hiring and promotion process without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, pregnancy or childbirth (or related medical condition), sexual orientation, partnership status, gender and/or gender identity or expression, marital, parental or familial status, caregiver status, national origin, ethnicity, alienage or citizenship status, veteran or military status, age, disability, predisposing genetic characteristics, domestic violence victim status, unemployment status, or any other legally protected basis.